Lara Croft: Angel of Darkness

Software Developer. Choral singer. Piano player. Icecream fanatic. Fascinated by everything. Learning Russian. Speaks (some) French. Laughs a lot. Bakes chocolate cakes. Theme song: Pretty Pink Ribbon by Cake.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sir Edmund Barton: Australia's first prime minister

I just thought I'd increase everyone's general knowledge with my blog title. and also I visited the Australian parliament house in Canberra when I was driving round NSW and ACT on my recent holiday and increased my knowledge of Australian government (admittedly, it was on a zero to start with, although I had heard of Pauline Hanson, her one nation party, Paul Keating, and John Howard - but that was the sum of my knowledge).

So - I have to get up at 6am tomorrow (again) - work is very very heavy going at the moment, tons on, and I want to get stuff done but it's not happening... oh well - hopefully by the end of this week the pressure will have eased off as Jaishika returns! I am so excited and can't wait to handover pedflo back to her. Like, I enjoy the concept, and it could be fun, but it's not very nice having to start halfway through under a lot of time pressure with minimum training and with lots of existing errors to fix and a tool that is 5 years old and has SO MANY ANNOYING FLAWS.

Plus I have to find a flat in the next fortnight, I got robbed last week and lost my camera and laptop, and I'm really busy studying and doing Jenna's 21st present in my spare time. And something like 7 out of the next 11 weekends I am going to be passing through Auckland airport, what with choir * 2, Sarah's wedding, Jenna's 21st, Chch visit etc. Where's my summer going???? and choir and Sarah's wedding are using up my 2 summer 3-day weekends. And I stil lhaven't seen Joy even though she's in the same island - Gisborne is too far away.

Life seems a toil at the moment. I am going to relax this weekend, in between entertaining Mindy who is visiting with Darren after the BDO, and maybe seeing Steph, up here for the same thing, and finding a flat, and doing some study.....

Must go to bed :)

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

Hey Lara, you should update your blog. You should also read mine. Did you get my letter I posted it last Tuesday I think.

Love from
Mindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home