Lara Croft: Angel of Darkness

Software Developer. Choral singer. Piano player. Icecream fanatic. Fascinated by everything. Learning Russian. Speaks (some) French. Laughs a lot. Bakes chocolate cakes. Theme song: Pretty Pink Ribbon by Cake.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Today has been a great day

And it's not even over!
I'm not quite sure why today has been great, but I think it helped that we had sunshine, that I've just had a nice week at choir, I have lots of exciting things to look forward to, and work is great at the moment. Really great. I am getting to research new stuff and do prototyping and make design decisions and talk to the clients and elicit requirements..... I looked at working with word docs from a C# program today, and also web services, and other sorts of exciting stuff.

Went out for dinner with Karthik last night which was nice. Had a nice birthday, got some really nice presents - clothes from mum and dad, coffee and nice earrings from Kate, a belt change purse and chocolates from Jenna, millions of texts and a phone call from Pete, a book and chocolate from Megan, and a recipe book for sweet food from Mike and Ellen, and two cool hair-ties with little tiny rag-dolls on the end from a guy at work - another made me a cake :) with pink icing!

I have so many cool things happening! I am going to Charlie and Choc Factory with work next Monday, I have a weekend to look forward to, am seeing the Wholly Grain on Friday night at the Herald Theatre - I think everyone in Auckland should go see it, Steph highly recommends it. And theatre is important, and it's only $25. And it's grad training on thurs and fri so that's dinner out and a nice visit to glenbrook steel and a couple of sleep-ins so I'm looking forward to it. Matt arrives Wed night. When I also have Hindi. And it looks like Dad might make it to oz after all! Fingers crossed... he's in Hamner tonight with Mum, they're going to Mt Cook later for a little trip too.

And I paid my credit card bill. And installed StrongDC v. 10 on my big computer.

Hope you guys are all having as an exciting September.

5 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always good when you have a Great Birthday and get pampered with Presents...I'm sure your Dad will make it to Oz...how long is he planning to stay there and where in Oz...Minan & I might go there in Feb...that is if we don't go to India.

BTW what is StrongDC v. 10?

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger LaraCroft said...

Dad - Oz - Melbourne, just the weekend - Friday till maybe Sunday night or Monday.

Also I got distracted halfway through my post and forgot to say also - I went to the Belgian Beer Cafe last night (the day I posted) with Steph - she's up from Wellington with her play. And it was lovely! Lots of food. I had a platter of mussels with hazelnut, sage and lemon butter.

And I had a delicious beer! Cherry flavoured - and possibly the first beer I've ever enjoyed.

StrongDC v. 10 - a cool wee application where you can log onto servers...

and chat to other users...

and share...

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm at 1800 words for my 3000 word essay how exciting! Just another 800 and then I'll put an intro and conclusion and be done with it.

I took Pete to the airport yesterday, I wanted to cry cos lara, we won't be seeing him for ages! He's hoping to head to far and away at the end of the year :(

Glad you had a nice dinner with K and wow you got so many prezzies!

Oh yeah, my breakup with Sam went well. He made it really easy, apparently I dropped enough hints on Thursday so he knew I was going to do it. Cos I didn't want it to come out of the blue cos that would hurt him lots.

And I got bashed at uwh last night, yes, more so than usual! It's so sore.

Say hi to your folks for me. And Jenna since she's out of touch at the mo.

catch you later babe

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps do I HAVE to register a blogpage to not be anonymous anymore? I don't want one but I want it to say

Lisa said...

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Mindy said...

Hi Lara, Hi everyone else!

Lisa you can either make a profile and no blog page, which is what lots of people do, otherwise just instead of ticking anonymous tick other then you can just enter any name.

Glad you had a nice birthday Lara!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home